seQuinEd

"By her petticoat the woman troubles the man's soul. For surely the WOMAN ENTICES above all, with her gentle frou-frou."

Sunday, July 30, 2006

TIME

there is this song that i like
it's by Arkarna, the band who sang "So Little Time".
The song had a video but i never beccame pop
and it has a few lines that go:

"Time is like a timebomb
you could die any day,
who knows what the future holds,
let's have our fun today.
Man made time a timebomb,
the hours slip away,
just dry your tears for a rainy day."

sure.
time was such a big issue for me
then i met someone who change that
now i'm a person who only respects time
for the sake of others
but not for mine
why? simply because when i ask myself:
"What am i in a hurry for?"
i couldn't answer myself.
ergo, i keep my cool
most of the time, that is.

but just when i thought
that everything was going well
the ceiling comes crashing down
with the roof atop it
all atop me
on top of me with rusted rainwater
and it just got into my eye
so i began to cry

who should i blame?
why should i blame?
only time will tell what this is for
only time knows
only time can unfold the unseen
time
time
time

i told myself i wouldn't mind time
but really?
i mind time especially now.
now that i'm reminded
reminded of how short 2 months really is
and how long those 2 years were
fine, i mind time.
i am still in a state of shock.
i said i didn't care 'bout time,
but then if this wound was too soon
when was the right time for me to wound?
did i expect to bleed?
no.
did i expect to be scarred?
no.
did i expect to be hurt?
no.
did i expect for you to leave?
never.
why?
because you told me so.
but maybe it's YOU
who doesn't mind time.
because time says that
forever means endless.
because time says that
never means regardless.

but to you it seems like
your promises were half meant
it now sounds like
your love confessions were half said

you knew me long enough
you knew me well enough
you knew me enough to hurt me
you knew me and how to hurt me

now i just hope you are happy
that this could be your tale
a tale you would remember with fondness
that finally, you weren't left
instead, you're the one who left
i would feel very happy to know that then
because then, i will be able to see
the fruits of this pain and sacrifice
the pain of being hurt despite being true
the sacrifice of giving you what you want
even if it means losing what's mine

as for now, i'll have to bear this
i'll have to chew it and taste it
and savor this until i learn what it is
if it's spicy, i'll need carbs
if it's bitter, i'll need sugar
if it's salty, i'll need water
but if i learn
that this is what sweet tastes like
then i'd rather choose bitter
and love the taste of it
knowing that it was bitter to begin with
it will be bitter in the end
then i won't need sugar.
unllike sweets,
wherein they start pleasantly
and end miserably.

again, we speak of time.
specifically, of the end.
i have previously mentioned an end
it was unndefined
it was unclear
but today
you defined it
you made it clear
that YOU WANTED US TO END.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home