seQuinEd

"By her petticoat the woman troubles the man's soul. For surely the WOMAN ENTICES above all, with her gentle frou-frou."

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

allergies: pizza, alcoholic beverages & STRESS

oddly i have adopted/acquired a few allergies as i grew older
well for alcoholic beverages,
it has been the same ever since i was young.
i would turn beet red and my face would swell
then i would be grasping for air as if i were choking.

for pizza, i just developed this allergy a few years ago.
but not just any pizza.
it should be the expensive (branded) ones.
i would have asthma which is incurable by my inhaler.

among these three, stress is my dreaded allergy.
don't even let me cite the horrendous effects.
but stress is the reason why i write.
stress is the reason why i am writing right now.
i have so much going on in my head.
like, what should i do in the next couple of days?
what do i want to become in the following years?
what are my short term and long term goals?

people congratulate me
and afterwards, expect that i greet them gleefully
with a proud & slightly boastful smiling thank you
but i can't fake it.
so i don't smile.
and i just tell them,
wait until you get to where i am
and then you would know
that although school is over for me
the pressure is just beginning,
the responsibility is overwhelming,
the lead & guide of yourself from now on
will be just yourself.
phew!
for more than 20 years
(although i have worked in the past)
this is the first time
wherein i have to make my own decisions
and these decisions will affect me a whole lot
and i will have to make these decisions alone.

being an adult sucks.
i knew that fact long ago.
but it sucks so much more now
because i have to be one.

imagine me...
experiencing the foul effects of my allergies
specifically my allergy on stress...
FOR LIFE.
ugh!