seQuinEd

"By her petticoat the woman troubles the man's soul. For surely the WOMAN ENTICES above all, with her gentle frou-frou."

Saturday, October 13, 2007

The FUNniest Thing


October 13, 2007 Saturday
20:30 hrs.
My Graduation Day

An old friend asked me out last night to Marco Polo
and with the complete absence of decorum,
i asked if i could bring along some friends.
So I did.
Ziv had love problems with Leo
and as anyone would,
he pretended to ask for some advice from me
to shadow his urge to nag about his feelings.
I gave him exactly what he deserved...
a piece of my mind.
I was telling him so and so's
when my old friend snickered loud enough for me to hear.
Instictively, my neck snapped turning towards her
as i asked:
"What's funny?"
and while she was shaking her head she smilingly said:
"You have changed."
"For the better or for worse?"
"Better, i think"
"How?"
"I guess you have matured now, somehow."
That was the last thing she said that meant anything.

I was actually planning not to show up today
but Mane and a Toga bribe just tickled me into thinking otherwise.
So i showed up...
late.
I had to be late.
I didn't care for the whole darn ceremony for pete's sake.
Ria protests.
So I protested in the best way I could.
Unexpectedly, i actually had fun during the stiffs' parade.
How?
I sat the way i wanted (Indian Sit/ Crossed Legs)
I walk the way i wanted (strutted instead of humbly)
I kept silent the way i wanted (blabbed through the whole thing)
I sang the way i wanted (toyo asin vetsin)
Naturally, i didnt expect a party.
But an angel from leyte in the form of my uncle
realized a long time promise of a suckling pig
out of pity or out of love
i wouldn't know.
The only thing i know is that
we had a good tasting lechon for lunch
and by we i mean my mother my sister and i.
I shared my blessings of course,
to people, who i knew cared about my graduation.
I spent the afternoon like Santa would on Christmas Eve.
I spent time on line with my beau as soon as i got home
and took a bath after we said our adieux.
Then i asked my sister a big favor,
if i could spend the night not spending a cent on cab fare.
But she replied with a question of her own:
"Who should I be with tonight?"
then with a statement,
"I really wanna go out tonight but blah2x"
then a question directed to me,
"Where are you going?"
then a statement presented to me,
"I'll just drop you off because i haven't gone out in so long"
i had to say something,
"I haven't graduated since kindergarten (beat that)".
So i stepped into my PJ's
and hopped into bed.
I am upset. yes.
But I am not mad.
Neither am i vengeful, even in thought.

Have i grown up for real?
Or have i just been brushed far too many layers of jadedness?
Have i become accepting and enduring?
OR have i simply reached the maximum level of numbness i possibly could?